Parents Right To Know


Parent’s Right to Know


Federal law allows parents to ask about the professional qualifications of their child’s classroom teachers and requires the school systems to provide the information in a timely manner if they request it. Specifically, parents have the right to ask for information regarding teacher certification, college major, and advanced degrees. Parents also have the right to request information about aides and paraprofessional personnel who provide services to their child. Parents who desire this information may contact the school principal or the Kanawha County Schools Department of Human Resources at 304-348-7712.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.